Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Staying Up Too Late

I've been staying up far too late. It's the summer epidemic. It hits my bedroom every summer and never fails. I suppose I could control it, but why waste the energy?

I'd rather just sit on Facebook, listening to Christina Perri sing "Jar of Hearts", watch Broadway videos on the ever-helpful YouTube, and dream with my eyes wide open.

I do a lot of dreaming with my eyes open. That way- I don't have to wake up from them and realize they aren't real. I can dream knowing it's just a dream and not have to face the fall.

The fall. An eternal fixture; an eternal fear.

"You're going to catch a cold from the ice inside your soul. Don't come back for me. Who do you think you are?"

Oh, how I wish I could say that!
Oh, how I wish I could say that! and mean it!

No comments:

Post a Comment