Tuesday, June 29, 2010

To Begin

Well, hello there.

I'm Anderson Heinz.. It's really A.J. Heinz. But I'm changing my name. "Anderson Heinz." It has a better ring to it, don't you think? More professional, more mature.

I'm leaving for NYU in the fall. I'm majoring in dramatic writing. And I am scared out of my mind.

I currently rest my head in Germantown, Tennessee- a quaint suburb of Memphis. I love it here. My family's here, and, of course, my friends are here.

But there's one thing that I've found in my life that truly makes me tick... makes my engine rumble... makes my mind race... makes my heart leap.

And that, to be so sweetly cliche, is theatre.

So, here I am- two months away from moving to New York. 

I'll make it happen. Maybe write a play, have Meryl Streep star in it for her long-awaited return to the stage, have David Hare work with me in adapting the play for the screen, cast Meryl by default in the film version, beg Stephen Daldry to direct, and watch my creation sweep the Oscars.

Maybe I'll make it happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment